Now entering its 38th year, the Bronx Museum of the Arts' Artist in the Marketplace (AIM) program offers professional development resources to emerging artists residing in the greater New York metropolitan region. The program consists of a series of 15 seminars facilitated by leading arts professionals that address the practical concerns of establishing a sustainable artistic practice. Topics covered include: Writing, Fundraising, Art Law, Art Criticism, Marketing, Financial Planning, and Career Management, among others. The program culminates in a public exhibition featuring works by participating artists.
AIM is free to apply and attend!You can find more information about AIM hereGUIDELINES:
- The AIM program is open to visual artists working in all media.
- Please submit 8 recent works that best represent your practice.
- The Bronx Museum of the Arts will only consider complete applications.
- Please read submission instructions carefully in each section of the form.
To be eligible for the Artist in the Marketplace program, applicants must:
- Live in the New York City metropolitan area. (Within commuting distance of New York City.)
- Not be a student in a degree-granting program or its equivalent.
- Not be participating in comparable career development program.
- Be pursuing art as a career.
- Not be a current employee, consultant, board member, or major sponsor of The Bronx Museum of the Arts, or an immediate family member of such a person.